Cruzeiro Esporte Clube
The club was founded on January 2, 1921 by sportsmen from the Italian colony of Belo Horizonte as a result of the political-administrative crisis within Yale Atlético Clube at the time; several members of Yale decided to abandon the poorly structured club and formed a new one called Societá Sportiva Palestra Italia. As a result of the Second World War, the Brazilian federal government banned the use of any symbols referring to the Axis powers in 1942. The club board members rebaptized the club with the name of a leading national symbol: the Cruzeiro do Sul. Cruzeiro play their home games at the Estádio Governador Magalhães Pinto, better known as the Mineirão, which currently holds up to 64,500 spectators. Cruzeiro's regular kit colours are blue shirts and white shorts with white socks. Olympikus are the kit manufacturers currently.
Cruzeiro Esporte Clube Reviews & Ratings
No Reviews / Ratings Yet