The Italian tennis championship was first held in 1930 in Milan, where it was played until 1934 before being moved to the Foro Italico in Rome in 1935. No event was held between 1936 and 1949. The competition resumed in 1950. It became "open" to professional players in 1969. Between 1970 and 1989 it was a premier tournament of the Grand Prix Tennis Tour and was part of the Grand Prix Championship Series top tier events. In 1990 it became an ATP Championship Series Single Week tournament.
Italian Open Reviews & Ratings
No Reviews / Ratings Yet